On May 4, 2013 I ran in the Provo City Half Marathon. This was my second time running this distance and I beat my time from last year by 4 minutes! I was a little shocked by that because I didn't physically feel like I was doing well. Just like last year, I started out the race too fast. The adrenaline kicks in and I just go too fast. I fool myself into thinking I can keep that pace up for 13.1 miles, but I died around mile 7. It was there that I started to feel nauseous and was sure I was going to vomit before the end of the race. I didn't, but it was close. I think it was a combination of starting out too fast and also the fact that I was standing around a fire for more than an hour before the race started, trying to keep warm, but also breathing in smoke. When I got home, I told Dave I was never running that race again. But now that it has been a week and my body feels back to normal, I think I might!
I was showing my "vomiting face"
Ellie and Mason trying on my medal. I don't know why Cassidy doesn't like trying it on. She didn't want to last year either!
No comments:
Post a Comment