Monday, August 19, 2013

Hike to the "Y"

We decided to hike up to the "Y" this morning. Originally, Dave was going to take Mason and Ellie, because I didn't think Cassidy could handle it. But when Cassidy heard the idea of going on a hike, she was so excited to go and bring her water bottle. We decided she should go too. I figured she would be able to walk part way and then we could wait for the others to come back down. Cassidy made it about 20 steps then asked me to hold her. I put her on my back and started walking uphill. When I realized she wasn't going to walk anymore, I decided that I was going to carry Cassidy the whole way. She deserved to see the "Y" up close too. So I did. I carried Cassidy uphill for 1.75 miles. Mason and Ellie did a great job hiking up. It was hard, but they did it! We hung out at the top then started back down. Cassidy was very proud of herself because she walked down the mountain all by herself with no one carrying her. Pretty good for a 3 year old. We were all very happy with our experience today. It was awesome!














No comments: