Ellie qualified to swim at the State meet (short course) this March in 3 individual events and 3 relays. She raced 50 Yard Fly, 100 Yard IM and 100 Yard Fly. She swam on the 200 Medley Relay, 400 Free Relay and 200 Free Relay. What an exciting experience! Of her 6 races, she got best times in 5 of them. Her relay splits were amazing times and her indivdual swims were great. She qualified for Finals in the 100 Fly and ended up coming in 18th place overall and dropped 2 seconds! What's amazing to me is that the qualifying time in that race, just to swim at the meet is 1:39.09. Her 18th place swim was a 1:30.85. 9 seconds faster than the qualifying time! I'm very impressed by that. Especially, cause the 100 Fly is not an easy race to swim. I didn't get many pictures (parents weren't allowed on the pool deck which makes picture taking difficult), but I snapped this cute one while we were waiting for her first swim. Way to work hard, Ellie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment