Monday, September 22, 2008

The Things Kids Say

Mason and Ellie continue to amaze me. One of Mason's new interests is rhyming words. Pretty much everyday he will ask me about certain words. "Mommy, do bee/tree rhyme?" or "car/bar" or "four/door." Sometimes he uses words that aren't actually words "snuke/tuke." But he definitely understands the concept of rhyming. I guess I'm amazed because he just figured this out on his own. He is always listening and watching and it's crazy to see his mind absorb so much information everyday. 



Ellie is also talking. Her new words are "hi" and "mine." We were walking around the halls at church yesterday (which is usually where we spend our time during Relief Society), and every time Ellie saw someone walk past us, you heard this little voice say "hi," and her cute little hand would be waving in their direction. Now, I think being Mason's little sister, she has had to pick up on the word "mine" fairly early. It is definitely her way of making it clear to Mason that he cannot take certain things away from her. It's so cute when she says it because she enunciates it so well and stretches the sounds out "mm-ii-nn-e." 


1 comment:

The Pooley Tribe said...

They are both just so darn cute! I'm sure you hear it all the time but their eyes are amazing! They are such a perfect combo of both you and Dave.