Most of you know that I'm a pretty organized person. If given the chance, I would much rather do something right now than wait and do it later. I've been like this my whole life. One of my earliest memories of this trait occurred when I started kindergarten. One night, as a 5 year old, I was laying in bed anticipating going to school in the morning. Suddenly, I realized that if I made my bed and slept on it, then I wouldn't have to worry about making it in the morning, thus saving time after I woke up and not having to feel rushed (I also decided to wear my clothes, including shoes, to bed as well for obvious reasons).
Tonight, after Mason and Ellie went to bed, Mason comes out with a bloody nose. As we're taking care of that he tells me, "Mom, I already made my bed so I won't have to do it in the morning." I go in and look, and of course, everything is neat and organized and perfectly in place on his bed. I have never told Mason that I did this myself as a child. I was totally amazed that he thinks like me. In his mind, it made sense to get this job done now, rather than wait.
6 comments:
Ha ha. That does sound like you, Lisa! How cute. He looks so much like you, too!
-Claire
Hee hee... he'll have the cleanest room any of his friends have ever seen, just like you!
Oh yes, there has never been a doubt in my mind he is your child. And, I love that picture of Mason, he looks so handsome. You got him to smile for a picture!
what a handsome boy!
Ha ha, that's super cute! What a great trait to have passed on to your son. :0)
Sheesh..I wish I had that trait. What a lucky dude!!
Post a Comment