Monday, May 10, 2010

Baby Cassidy

Cassidy


Here she is! Cassidy was born on May 8, 2010, 12 days before her due date (I was very happy that she decided to come early). I woke up at 1:45 am on Saturday with a contraction that hurt more than the other ones I had been having recently. I tried to go back to sleep, but about 8 minutes later, another painful one. I told Dave that I was pretty sure we would be having a baby that day. By 2:45 am they were 6 minutes apart, so we called Dave's mom, Nancy, and she drove over at 3:30 in the morning to stay with Mason and Ellie while we headed to the hospital. By 4:15 am, I was in my hospital bed getting my epideral. Dave was able to get some sleep, but I can't sleep at all in the hospital. I sat around for a few hours, and by 7 am I was 4 cm dilated and almost completely effaced. They started me on pitocin and immediately my contractions sped up. By 8 am I was ready to push. Two contractions later, we had a baby girl in our arms. I still am amazed when I hear my baby cry for the first time. Everything becomes so real, and I can't help but cry.

Cassidy was born at 8:07 am and weighed 7 pounds 7 ounces and 20 1/2 inches long. She has dark hair, the most of any of my kids. She likes to stick out her tongue which is funny, because in one of her ultrasound pictures, her tongue is sticking out!

Her hair!

Mason and Ellie are LOVING having a little sister. They are so cute with her. They always are eager to help and hold her. Mason keeps telling me, "Now I have two sisters to watch out for." They are lucky to have him for an older brother! Ellie is the best helper. She will get anything I need for Cassidy. This morning Cassidy was crying and without saying anything to me, Ellie went and grabbed her pacifier and put it in her mouth.



This girl is only 3 days old and already I have so many pictures of her.




5 comments:

Claire Roach said...

Congratulations! She looks just like your other children. :) Beautiful baby and beautiful name! Enjoy her.

-Claire

Chad & Bonny Day said...

She is beautiful Congrats!!

Andrea Tao said...

yay! She is beautiful! I'm so glad we are keeping up with our kids being a month apart! Good job on that one! can't wait to see her!

Natalie R. said...

Huge congrats, she is such a cute little girl!!! It sounds like everything went pretty smoothly, which is always a good thing. Congratulations!! Now go and get some rest... :0)

Lindsey said...

Cute little girl! Looks just like her momma!